All fittings for insulators are either made of forged steel or heat treated malleable east iron hot dip galvanised to BS: 729. Suspension and tension clamps are made of aluminium alloy from permanent mould process.
Insulator pins of this series have large or small heads specified in BS: 137 part2.
The pins are suitable for the pin type insulators.
These steel head pins can be used only for insulators with zinc thimbles.
The mechanical failing load of the pin is defined as the load at which the deflection of pin shall not exceed 20% of the distance from the support when the load is applied at right angle to a point 1 inch above the head of a rigidly mounted pin as shown here.
Small & Large Steel Head Pins
For use on Insulators with Zinc Timbles
Pin for Pin type Insulators (Large Steel Head) as per B.S. 3288 Part 2
- All dimensions are after hot dip galavanizing. Galvanizing test to conform to BS : 729
- 15% maximum deflection permissible at a minimum specified failing load.
- Pin will be supplied with spring washer full nut & lock nut
- Mass of zinc coating (MIN) 610 gm/m2 (85µ) Also pass 4×1 minute dip test)
|Min. Failing Load||5 kN||10 kN|
|X*||50 or 130||50 or 130||50 or 130||50 or 130||50 or 130||50 or 130|
* Dimensions X tobe 50mm screwed 45 mm or 130mm screwed 75mm
Material : Mild steel, hot dip galavanised.
Complete with spring washer & nut